Oracle has introduced a new notification and announcement feature in PeopleSoft 9.2. The HR notification functionality now allows communication/HR administrators to send out rich text announcements or personalized messages to employees or person of interest. There is no need for power users to mess around with not so useful notify functionality anymore. Publishers can publish announcements targeting all, group or individual employees. They can add attachments or link. Notifications can be sent out as emails or can be displayed on work centers or dashboards. Publishers can also control whether the notifications should go out at real time or should stack up. In current years, with the importance of change management and change communication, having this integrated communication tool can be a game changer.
Some key benefits provided by this functionality are:
1. Notifications can be sent out as emails (if PeopleSoft has the email addresses) or as notifications on dashboard or work center pagelets. This provides administrator with tighter control on what information is allowed to leave the system.
2. Recipients can be configured online to be all, a group (based on group build, app packages etc) or individual within PeopleSoft. Publishers can now quickly create a dynamic group based on event conditions to publish out messages (off cycle checks, Performance documents, benefit actions)
3. Attachments and links can be attached to the announcements (email or collaboration) to provide group or personalized statements
4. Advance options to allow users to delete individual announcements, set recurrences and expiration
5. Announcement and notification functionality can be added as a related service on other PeopleSoft pages to directly trigger related notification on a specific event.
In short, it’s a definite improvement from anything that PeopleSoft provided previously in terms of communication. There is still a lot to be desired (especially from the user interface side and XML bursting integration) but it’s a step in right direction.
Check out PeopleBook link below for more information (search for HR Notification)
3 thoughts on “HR Notifications”
Hi… Read your blog.. Thanks a lot!
“In short, it’s a definite improvement from anything that PeopleSoft provided previously in terms of communication. There is still a lot to be desired (especially from the user interface side and XML bursting integration) but it’s a step in right direction.”
What do you mean by “XML bursting integration” in above context. Could you please explain?
Hi Animesh .. thanks for reading my blog. What I meant with XML bursting integration is to extending the notification functionality to use the BI report (XML publisher) bursting feature. Bursting feature allows for creation of personalized report or letters for a group and if that can be integrated to HR notification then it can simplify and reduce cost of communication. For ex. creating comp statements, benefit letters etc.
What’s up, I log on to your blogs on a regular basis. Your writing style is awesome,
keep up the good work!